With my work schedule, long meetings/calls and other stressful situations I would always run to a diet coke. I would just feel dead at the end of the day. I started putting on weight, had a lot of stomach issues. I had to do something to get my life back on track, so started reading about how I can get to a healthier and the first thing that I read was get rid of soda!! The first thing that came to my mind when I read that was..if not soda..then what else!! And that’s when I read the benefits of green tea.
I thought I should share this with you is because since the time I have started drinking green tea..I feel light and healthier. I have also lost a few Kgs.
Benefits of Green Tea:
– High in antioxidants:
- The antioxidant in green tea is 100 times more effective than vitamin C and 24 times better than vitamin E. This helps your body at protecting cells from damage believed to be linked to cancer.
- Green tea contains an antioxidant known as polyphenols which fight against free radicals. What this means it helps you fight against aging and promotes longevity.
- The antioxidant in green tea protects the skin from the harmful effects of free radicals, which cause wrinkling and skin aging.
- Antioxidants in green tea helps prevent against cell damage in the brain which could cause Parkinson’s. People drinking green tea also are less likely to progress with Parkinson’s.
– Green tea helps prevent heart disease and stroke by lowering the level of cholesterol. Even after the heart attack it prevents cell deaths and speeds up the recovery of heart cells.
– Green tea helps with your body weight loss. Green tea burns fat and boosts your metabolism rate naturally. It can help you burn up to 70 calories in just one day. That translates to 7 pounds in one year.
– Green tea can help prevent and reduce the risk of rheumatoid arthritis. Green tea has benefit for your health as it protects the cartilage by blocking the enzyme that destroys cartilage.
– The very key to this is high fluoride content found in green tea. It helps keep your bones strong. If you drink green tea every day, this will help you preserve your bone density.
– Green tea can help lower cholesterol level. It also improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol, by reducing bad cholesterol level.
– Green tea prevents obesity by stopping the movement of glucose in fat cells. If you are on a healthy diet, exercise regularly and drink green tea, it is unlikely you’ll be obese.
– Green tea improves lipid and glucose metabolism, prevents sharp increases in blood sugar level and balances your metabolism rate.
– Green tea helps boost your memory. And although there’s no cure for Alzheimer’s it helps slow the process of reduced acetylcholine in the brain, which leads to Alzheimer’s.
– Green tea helps prevent transplant failure in people with liver failure. Researches showed that green tea destroys harmful free radicals in fatty livers.
– Green tea helps prevent high blood pressure. Drinking green tea helps keep your blood pressure down by repressing angiotensin, which leads to high blood pressure.
– Catechin found in green tea can kill a bacterium which causes food poisoning and kills the toxins produced by those bacteria.
– Blood sugar tends to increase with age, but polyphenols and polysaccharides in green tea help lower your blood sugar level.
– Polyphenols and flavonoids found in green tea help boost your immune system, making your health stronger in fighting against infections.
– Green tea prevents you from getting a cold or flu. Vitamin C in green tea helps you treat the flu and the common cold.
– Theophyline in green tea relaxes the muscles which support the bronchial tubes, reducing the severity of asthma.
– Green tea helps with ear infection problem. For natural ear cleaning soak a cotton ball in green tea and clean the infected ear.
– Green tea increases the effectiveness of topical interferon treatment of herpes. First green tea compress is applied, and then let the skin dry before the interferon treatment
– L-the theanine, which is a kind of amino acids in green tea, can help relieve stress and anxiety.
And the list goes on…..